Dress your property for success
Harcourts would like to share some simple presentation tips with you, which may help to present your property to its best advantage. It is often the little things that can make the biggest impact.
For example, first impressions really do count because it is estimated that over 50% of properties are sold even before the prospective buyer steps through the front door! These are just a few practical ways in which you can make an instant, positive impression, which will go a long way towards making a successful sale.
- Remove bikes, tools, and any clutter.
- Keep lawns mowed, paths edged, hedges trimmed and gardens weeded.
- A few well-positioned flowering potted plants can create a welcoming appearance.
- Having the exterior washed and windows cleaned can make an enormous difference.
- Paint or wash fences, gates, screens, steps and the front door.
- Ensure your pets are secured so that they won’t pose a threat or annoy visitors.
- Outside lighting is a must for evening inspections.
Positive first impressions
- Your front door and entranceway can be powerful first impression areas.
- A newly decorated front door with attractive topiary shrubs either side can be effective.
- Properties yet to be renovated can visually show buyers the potential of the property by decorating the walls, ceiling and floor of the front entrance.
- Position an attractive plant or piece of art to add that final touch.
It’s the little things that count
Attend to any small maintenance jobs such as sticking doors or windows, dripping taps, squeaking hinges, loose door handles, blown light bulbs or faulty switches.
Create a feeling of spaciousness
- Ensure your kitchen is spotless, the working areas are uncluttered with tidy cupboards and pantry.
- Make sure wardrobes are tidy – they’ll look larger.
- Mirrors in smaller rooms can convey the feeling of more space.
- To enlarge room size appearance, perhaps store some furniture and ornaments.
Allow your buyers the time and relaxed atmosphere to become emotionally involved in your property by leaving the premises during inspections. Your sales consultant will maintain security at all times.